2016-2017 was another busy year for GMIAU and we're proud to be able to share our first ever Impact Report with you. The report celebrates our achievements over the period April 2016 to March 2017:
- We took on 839 new immigration and asylum cases and 440 of our clients granted Leave to Remain in the same period
- We supported 156 new immigration cases for children and 94 under 18s get Leave to Remain
- We represented over 70 adults who are the victims of trafficking
- We supported over 600 clients at our homeless and destitution project (ASHA)
- We helped 104 refugees bring 183 close family members to the UK under the Family Reunion Project
- We provided intensive support to 35 unaccompanied young people and children and ran a social group for 25-35 young people each month
- We supported 324 women at risk of harm, securing emergency accommodation for 27 women to escape violent, exploitative or dangerous situations.
This is our first Impact Report and we're proud of it and everyone who has supported the work at GMIAU over the last year. We hope you find the report informative and interesting and we encourage you to share widely with people who might also be interested in supporting our work. We also really welcome any feedback you have about the report.
And finally, we extend a big thank you to all of our supporters, funders, staff and volunteers. Without your help we simply could not work to defend the rights of people who socially excluded in the North West.
Click here to read the full report